No announcement yet.

Add I/O Linc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I plugged I/O Linc, Hub, and Rang Extender into a outlet power. I added Range Extender successfully, but I can't add the I/O Linc. Must I link any other devices (ex: garage motor)

Comment

The I/O Linc is powerline only. Use the Beacon test (see Range Extender Owner's Manual) to be sure that the opposite legs of the split, single-phase electric supply are bridged.
      Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
      Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Sorry. I don't understand your mean. What's Beacon test? Can you share me a link?

Comment

You are correct. Only some manuals refer to the Beacon test which used to be called the 4-tap test. See the Range Extender Owner's Manual wrt/Bridging Electrical Phases. That technique applies to all dual-band devices. As long as you have at least one pair of dual-band devices communicating on the opposite legs of the split, single-phase electric supply as indicated by the LEDs, then you have accomplished phase-coupling (i.e., both opposite legs of the single-phase electric supply are bridged for the Insteon signal).

Keep it green in '15
          Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

Hey you!
            Now, I don't use Range Extender. I plug I/O Linc and Hub into a outet power. I/O Linc besides Hub. How do I add the I/O Linc to the Hub. I'm very sorry you, I tried any ways, but I don't add.

Comment

You mentioned a Range Extender in your first post. If you have only a Hub and an I/O Linc, then plug both into the same duplex receptacle/outlet. Do not use a surge suppressor strip.

Comment

For add the I/O Linc, must I connect sensor to I/O Linc? I add by HouseLinc (on PC), but I don't. What must I do?

Comment

The I/O Linc does not need to have anything connected to it in order for it to be linked to the Hub. The internal electronics don't care if it is connected to anything (The relay will still function and the sensor simply thinks the circuit is always open all of the time).

What stusviews is suggesting is the following (and I THINK you have already tried some of this):

- If you are having difficulty getting the I/O Linc to connect to the hub plug the I/O Linc in to the same outlet as the Hub without a power bar or UPS (take the I/O Module in to the house where the hub is located)
                  - Link the I/O Linc to the Hub.
                  *If you are unable to do so by following the linking procedure then it is possible there is a problem with your I/O Module.
                  - When the I/O Linc Module is connected and you can confirm it works (you can hear the relay click inside of it when you turn it on/off) then move the device to the garage.
                  - If you are still experiencing connectivity issues then you can explore the use of the range extender.

Ultimately If you can not make the I/O Linc work when it is connected to the same circuit as the Hub then there may be a problem with the I/O Linc module.
                  If it works when located on the same circuit as the Hub but not when you move it to the garage then you have other (communication) problems and we can address that after.

I see in your other posts that you have other modules that work properly, I think it is likely safe to say that you're familiar with the linking procedure and the new I/O Module simply is not connecting properly, try one more time to connect it very close (I found when pressing the "set" button on the I/O module I had to hold it for a few seconds to get it in a pairing mode)

Comment

Thanks for your supports! But I don't add i/O Linc to the Hub. I have three I/O Lincs, and I tried with them. I don't know which's wrong step. I add the I/O Linc like (same) to add SwitchLinc.
                    The picture about add I/O Linc by ID. I tried add by press and hold I/O Linc Set button. But no, I don't add I/O Lnic to the Hub. I'm confused.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Sorry if we are asking some of the same questions over and over, I am guessing that English is not your first language? It is a little bit difficult to understand what you have and have not done.

Have you followed the directions as shown here:
                      http://cache-m2.smarthome.com/manuals/74551qs.pdf

If so can you please explain (with as much detail as possible) what you have done? I realize it may take some time but we really need more information in order to assist you.

Comment

Oh, thank you!
                        You're correct. I'm vietnamese, I speak English not good.
                        About this link:
                        http://cache-m2.smarthome.com/manuals/74551qs.pdf
                        I don't connect garage door and motor to the I/O Linc. Because you say me :"The I/O Linc does not need to have anything connected to it in order for it to be linked to the Hub. The internal electronics don't care if it is connected to anything (The relay will still function and the sensor simply thinks the circuit is always open all of the time)."
                        I just plug I/O Linc and the Hub to a outlet power.
                        I use Insteon for hub (app on phone) for add the I/O Linc.
                        I tap the Add device -> tap I/O Linc -> the I tried with two ways:
                        - 1.I press and hold the I/O Linc's set button until it beeps, or the Led begins blinking -> tap Next, and wait for 4 minutes. The hub can't see the I/O Linc.
                        - 2. I enter the I/O Linc ID - > tap Next. The Hub can't see the I/O Linc (I put the I/O Linc BESIDES the Hub)
                        Thank you very much!

Comment

Did you plug the Hub and the I/O Linc into the same outlet? The outlet has two places to plug something into, like this http://www.amazon.com/Leviton-5325-W...lex+receptacle

Comment

Originally posted by stusviews View Post
                            Did you plug the Hub and the I/O Linc into the same outlet? The outlet has two places to plug something into, like this http://www.amazon.com/Leviton-5325-W...lex+receptacle
                            Yes. like this.

Comment

Hey you!
                              Please support me! How must I do?

Comment

It appears that the I/O Linc is defective. If you purchased it from SH and it's under warranty, give them a call.

Comment

Working...
                                X