How to Resolve 2450 Error?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Resolve 2450 Error?

Experiencing Persistent Issues: 2450 Water Valve Control Error. Despite years of successful use, recently encountered a concerning situation with my 2450 water valve control. After returning home to find water leakage due to an open valve, discovered an error in the Universal Devices admin console. Despite reboots, resets, and reprogramming, the issue persisted, even with a replacement 2450. The program, though redone, hasn't resolved the problem. Seeking insights on resolving this error as I've relied on this setup for years, and my confidence in its functionality is waning, especially during my absence. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. PS: Encountering the 'Failed Communicating' error while writing this post adds urgency to finding a solution. Additional info: No connections to the sense input or terminal, only power, ground, N/O, and Common.

My guess is that something electrical in your home changed and is causing interference, eg new appliance or other device. The 2450 is reliable design, but also older.... it is single band and relies on the powerline only. And often the water shut off can be a far away place in terms of the wire-feet the Insteon messages have to travel from your ISY/PLM

Something to try to see if its noise related:
    - Un-install the 2450 from the valve are and plug it in near your ISY / PLM to test
    - If it works there, then there is some noise on your electrical system

If the 2450 works closer to the ISY/PLM, two things you can do:
    - Plug a dual band device in near the 2450s install location by the valve. You'll want to test this idea with a dual band device you have on hand, as the location could be too far for Insteon wireless.. but you'll know right away
    - Look on eBay for a an Insteon Signallinc V2 -2406 phase coupler. You'll need an electrician to install it, but it will strengthen the powerline signals across your home

Comment

Working...
    X