Outdoor HD camera, Record video to FTP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outdoor HD camera, Record video to FTP?

I have been experimenting with both the new outdoor HD and indoor HD cameras. Setting up the indoor one 1st, I was able to configure the camera to record to my ftp destination (not local using a pc/web browser or SD card) upon motion alarm. Worked great.

Moved to the outdoor camera and the option for that is not there in the motion alarm settings. I read though the PDF for this model and it clearly shows those options in the screen shots. I noticed that the firmware level of the camera used in the screen shots is lower than the new camera I just purchased.

I checked for any firmware updates and did not find any. Anyone have any ideas? I have yet to hear back from Insteon support other than a canned response pointing me to the documentation. I can in fact do motion alarm recording ONLY if I have a computer up and running, with the browser opened, but this records to the local hard drive on the pc.

The point of this is to have the camera operate independent of a computer or dvd device and have it dump video directly to my ftp destination (which is a nas device). It sends still shots just fine, just not video.

Not sure exactly what model of cam you have, but I am running 4 cams with nifty access to my local NAS box via ftp.

My first cam was purchased through Insteon (Smarthome). Had a tough time setting it up at first, but things fell into place once Insteon support told me the cam was probably a Foscam.

I bought three others, from Foscam, three different models. All nicely controlled by Hub I and II.

As for ftp, Goggle "ftp Foscam cameras". That's where I found excellent guidance for setting up the ftp connection.

If this doesn't help, Google " ftp connection Foscom < your NAS brand > "

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by paulswem; 03-14-2015, 01:47 PM.
    Hub I and Hub II
    iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3
    2 Keypad dimmer switches, 2 Dual-Band Access Points
    2 LampLinc Plug In Dimmers, 1 On/Off Outdoor Module
    3 Motion Dectectors, 2 Micro On/Off
    1 In-Line On/Off Module, 1 I/O Linc (Garage Door Opener)
    2 ApplianceLinc Plug In Module, 2 SwitchLinc Dimmers
    2 FilterLinc Noise Filters, 1 Leak Sensor, 3 Cameras

Comment

Working...
    X