Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Indoor HD IP cam 2864-226. Internet explorer 11 and chrome no access. Plugin issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indoor HD IP cam 2864-226. Internet explorer 11 and chrome no access. Plugin issue.

The camera is working, but it was set up with a previous computer. I have a new computer (since the last time I logged in to the camera).

With IE 11, I can get by the certificate request by adding the IP to the trusted sites list, but then after I add it to compatibility view I get to the login screen, fill in my credentials, and the circle just spins forever.

If I use chrome, it says "plugin not found click me to download" above the login box. I click it and It downloads IPCWebComponents.exe. I install it and it finishes, but still neither Chrome nor IE 11 work. I can get in to the camera with chrome, but I do not get the three tabs at the top of the screen that allow full functionality and configuration.

Any help appreciated.

Tnx

You need to go to the Foscam website and download All Browser Plugins/Addons
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Thank you for the reply Stusviews. I downloaded and ran the program from your link foscam (Just like IPCweb), and with IE, I login and it just sits there and the red dots circle and churn. WIth Chrome, I still get the blue "plugin not found click me to download" above the login box. I can get in (like before) but I still don't t have the tabs across the top like I should. So I don't have all the functionality I need.

What am I missing?

Tnx.

Comment

I've had success with the Foscam add-in using Firefox, IE 11 (both 32- and 64-bit) and Opera. Safari. Chrome doesn't accept the add-in at all and Safari acts as though there is no add-in installed. Edge also doesn't install the add-in. Which version of IE are you using?
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

Hi, IE 11. Do I have to do anything special or configure anything with the Foscam add-in? Any idea how to uninstall it? I don't like to leave any software on my system that doesn't do what I need it to. it just leads to "pollution".

Tnx

Comment

I didn't do anything special to install the Foscam add-in except to close all browsers during the installation. If it's not working, then you may want to try installing the add-in again.

Comment

Tnx for the reply. I was able to test Firefox with another computer. (I don't want it on my computer if i don't ABSOLUTELY) have to have it). I installed Firefox and no change. I then installed the IPCweb program, restarted Firefox and it worked. Not surprising.

I just find it so discouraging that Insteon makes us go through these contortions to get rudimentary access to our devices. They should have a notice/TSB that tells you how to configure ANY of the popular browsers so that we can access out devices. I have had my Hub2 and two cameras for over a year now, and I have to say that there are so many glitches and bugs in their devices (and they don't acknowledge or issue fixes (firmware etc) that I am hard pressed to buy any other Insteon products. Just a quick vent along with my findings.

Comment

I've used the Insteon plugin, and the only browser that works for me is FireFox I've tried FireFox, IE11, Opera, Safari, and Chrome.

Comment

Working...
                X