Try as I might, I can never configure the camera in the app

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try as I might, I can never configure the camera in the app

Try as I might, I cannot get my wireless camera configured on either the WIndows app nor the Windows phone app.

I can access the camera over both wifi and Ethernet by using the IP address directly. I can pan, tilt, etc successfully using the web browser.

When I attempt to configure it, I manually give it the IP address and port 80. It says camera found and then gives me options for accessing it (over secure wifi, Ethernet, etc)

No matter which one I choose, It says "Saving Camera Settings" counts down for 3:00 minutes and then tells me that the camera cannot be configured.

During the 3:00 minutes, the camera appears to reboot and starts a cycle of testing. It completes this well before the 3:00 are up in the app. I'm flummoxed how to proceed. ANyone got any ideas ?

Which camera? AFAIK, the windows app does not support the HD camera. Also, using port 80 opens access to anyone. It's best to use a different port. List of Ports to avoid
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Working...
    X