Cameras won't send a motion triggered email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cameras won't send a motion triggered email

I've got several ipCameras connected via WiFi through a router/modem to an Insteon Hub. I can see the cameras and operate them either locally via WiFi or remotely via a cell-phone data connection. So everything looks like it's set up properly including port forwarding. The one thing that doesn't work is the I've got one camera set up to send a motion-triggered email. When I test the e-mail connection, it works. However, the camera will not send an email when I move past the camera.
    Any ideas?

I have the same problem. I have a call in to tech support. I also cannot modify Alarm Service Settings now that I have enabled port forwarding. I get an error message 404 or 400 depending on if I am using IE or Chrome.

Have you found a solution?

Comment

Russ Smith, what are the Alarm Service Setting options set to?

dgmcrm, port forwarding is independent of Alarm Service Setting and should have no effect on those settings. Did you assign the port both at the camera and your router?
      Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
      Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I had the same problems as Russ. I have been able to set up my camera to record when motion is detected (although the video occasionally will freeze after first frame - trying different fps's) but i could not get it to email me an alert. When I changed Alarm Service Settings and unchecked "Upload Image on Alarm", it works. Also I found that the camera must be being viewed in IE for it to record or send emails.

Comment

Re. no longer receiving emails when motion is detected: I tried what SteveBeach suggested (uncheck "Upload Image on Alarm") and now I am receiving emails at my Yahoo account. All is working well now!

Comment

Working...
          X