Camera alarming on motion outside detection zone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camera alarming on motion outside detection zone

Hi, I have a 2864-22x wireless camera and have setup the motion alarms and defined a detection zone, however, the camera is alarming when there is motion outside the detection zone. I am on the latest firmware for both system and application. Can someone offer some advice on how to correct this?

Thanks
    Bruce

Does the camera detect motion within the detection area? Is the defined detection area red or clear? Did you try a lower sensitivity?
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I originally had the defined area as clear, but I think it may have been backwards. The defined area is the red cross-hatch, while the excluded area should be clear?

Bruce

Comment

That's correct. The defined area is red, the excluded area is clear (of detection).
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Well, my alarms stopped working after a few days. From reading the above, I now know that the red cross-hatched area(s) ARE the detection zones! I thought it was just the opposite and turned them all off... DOH!!!

Comment

Working...
          X