GRRRR.... changed Router Password, lost Camera connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GRRRR.... changed Router Password, lost Camera connection

So i changed my router password and now my camera won't connect. I know when I set it up I had to save the router PWD to it. However, there is no PWD option for the router on the APP, just the camera ID and PWD. I unplugged, moved to direct router connect and nothing. Deleted Camera from APP, re-added and then put the new PWD for the router in. Still nothing.

Is there no way to change the Camera PWD outside of deleting the camera from the APP? Do I have to wipe the camera to factory defaults as the camera is not taking the new Router PWD?

So I called Insteon. If you reset your password you have to physically move the camera back to your router and change the password with it connected. The second camera was such a PITA that I configured it entirely from the web, then added it manually. Took two seconds that way. I must have tried 10 times to get it via the automated with no luck.

Lesson Learned if you want to kick your kids off the network by resetting your PWD, get a second router. One for the family internet and one for the security system.

Comment

Working...
    X