Not getting multi camera view

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not getting multi camera view

I had an indoor ip camera and just added an outdoor camera. I am not getting multi camera views in the browser.

How did you attempt to configure this? You have to go to the Multi-Device settings tab, and add each camera there individually supplying each with it's own respective login credentials and IP address/ports. HTH

-jim

Comment

Did that and still nothing.

Comment

What do you mean by nothing, that no image shows at all? Which specific cameras? Is one HD and the other not? Did you select the 4 camera view?
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I am running Windows 7 and Internet Explorer. I have these 2 cameras: INSTEON 75790WH WIRELESS SECURITY IP CAMERA WITH PAN, TILT AND NIGHT VISION, INSTEON 2864-232 WIRELESS OUTDOOR HD 720P IP CAMERA WITH NIGHT VISION.

I have chosen multi camera view. I have gone into Multi-Device settings tab, and added each camera there individually supplying each with it's own respective login credentials and IP address/ports. I only get one camera showing. The second camera added doesn't show up, there is only a black window for the second camera. Both cameras are working because when I look at them in the app on the phone they are both broadcasting.

Comment

I've not had success mixing HD and SD cameras using the camera built-in software.
            Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

Do you have a suggestion for software to use to do this?

Comment

Computer (Mac, Windows) or smarthone (Android, iOS, Windows)?

Comment

Computer, Windows 7 or Mac

Comment

Are you using External IP addresses? If so have you setup port forwarding? If not, are you using 192.168.x.x (typical IP scope for home routers) and the designated port number?

Comment

I like IP Camera Viewer by Softonic because it's free for up to four cameras.

Comment

Yes, I have set up port forwarding. I will look at IP camera Viewer.

Comment

Insteon cameras are not listed. Use Foscam F18918W for SD cameras and F19821W for HD cameras.

Comment

Thanks Stusviews, IP Camera works good.

Comment

Working...
                            X