Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Camera Speaker

http://www.insteon.com/75790WH-wireless-ip-camera.html
    Talks about a Speaker. What does this speaker do? How can we access it?

If you log into the camera directly using Internet Explorer, or if you use a third-party mobile app like IP Cam Viewer Pro, you have access to two-way audio features on the camera.

Comment

Hmm. Shame it's not supported in the apps already.

Comment

You can also use the audio features with Firefox.
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I know I can receive audio with firefox, but how do I send?

Comment

Reading the Owner's Manual reveals, "Talk through your computer’s microphone which will transmit your voice to the camera’s speaker. You will be heard through the camera."
            Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

Not sure how that helps in Firefox, since there is no provision for it. I am still trying to get the one in IE to work.

Comment

There's a Firefox plug-in available. Select audio from the Live Video menu for instructions. If you have a 64-bit OS, then change from the default 32-bit download.

Comment

Yes, I can see and hear, but I cannot speak on Firefox. ..

Comment

In Safari (iPad) there is supposed to be plugin for audio but the link takes you to the VLC site with no idea of what is needed. I can't seem to find any instructions on how to get any audio working on the iPad. Anyone got audio working on an iPad and if so how?

Comment

The IP Cam Viewer Pro app works great: https://appsto.re/us/GYaay.i I use the Foscam 8918W as the camera type for the Insteon standard definition camera.

Comment

Thanks. That worked amazingly well.

Comment

Originally posted by dgeffs View Post
                          In Safari (iPad) there is supposed to be plugin for audio but the link takes you to the VLC site with no idea of what is needed. I can't seem to find any instructions on how to get any audio working on the iPad. Anyone got audio working on an iPad and if so how?

Anyone find the answer to this, as I couldn't find it on www.videolan.org or https://wiki.videolan.org

It works out, after some digging around that for MAC after OSX 10.6 the polugins weren't ported and so not available. Here is the source to this information:
                          http://gusclass.com/blog/2013/07/30/installing-vlc-in-chrome-to-playback-all-kinds-of-video/
                          Last edited by nevasha; 11-30-2014, 06:33 PM.

Comment

The VLC plug-in depends on your OS, not the browser. An iOS plug-in is available at the VLC site. I have VLC running on an iPad and a Windows computer. I do get audio on both using Safari.

Select "other systems" under the download icon.

Comment

Working...
                            X