Any Compatible DVR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Compatible DVR?

Hello i am looking for a compatible dvr with insteon cams, can anyone help me with it? i need to record what i see on my cams, and i dont want to use a computer.

Thanks in advance !

The Insteon camera is compatible with IP DVRs. The camera is not compatible with CCTV DVRs. There are a few (costly) DVRs that can record from both types of cameras.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Thank you, it needs any specs or can i buy any ip dvr? it interferes in anyway with the normal operation of my insteon cams? i mean could still watching with my insteon app on my phone and keep recording at the same time ?

Comment

Nothing special, but, as with anything, read the specs of the DVR somewhat carefully. Some IP DVRs are designed to work only with that particular company's cameras. All IP DVRs include smartphone apps and you can continue to use the Insteon app also.
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I know you do not want to use a computer, but with prices coming down, you might consider a tablet like the Microsoft Surface or an Android tablet.

I suggest using DVR.Webcam-OneDrive Edition (http://dvr.webcam/OneDrive/Download). which is available for multiple platforms.I am using this software with four (4) cameras, 2 at home and two in my office and it works great One of the two is an Insteon 75790 configured for use with my Hub)! I have 128GB storage with my OneDrive account and this seems to be a great option for me. I also have my 75790 camera configured for use through my Hub as well but the DVR software is a nice addition when I want to record. And the two software apps seem to coexist with the same cameras with no issues. I even use a third IP Camera app on my Windows Phone along with the Hub app with no issues.

Comment

Working...
          X