New Insteon Outdoor HD Camera does not work on Windows platform clients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Insteon Outdoor HD Camera does not work on Windows platform clients

I reported this issue Saturday to Tech Support. I just got off the phone with Insteon support again. This is now a known bug with no eta on resolving. The outdoor camera will not work with either the Windows Phone or Windows 8.1 OS. I was told the app was being re-written to resolve this so obviously with MSFT approvals this will take some time. What bothers me the most is that the camera was apparently released without testing it on the Windows platform. With the new Microsoft partnership announcement, this was quite a surprise. The only way to access the outdoor client is through the Camera's WAN address which links directly to the camera without the hub. PS, this will not work in Chrome. No current workaround there either. It also will not work on the Windows Phone browser so you have to install a 3rd party IP Camera app. I am using CameraKaze which is free in the windows phone store. Select Foscam FI9821W V2.

The HD Indoor camera does also not work with the Windows Platform and it is confirmed by support. (no hub, just the camera using "add a camera" option in app)

Can't connect to the camera either because username or password are wrong or with the manual setup it can't connect to the ip/port.

Comment

Just got off the phone with them for an update. THey had none and offered to take the camera back. No update on a new client at all. I've been using the Foscam client for these cameras. Very disappointing Insteon.

Comment

Working...
      X