Insteon Hub setup Frustration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Hub setup Frustration

I have the Insteon hub 2245-222. Originally setup with with a linksys router, it worked for a day then the hub wouldn't connect to the internet, always stayed a red light. I contacted support, reset everything possible with no luck. Support said this is plug and play and should work just fine. They sent me a new hub thinking it was defective. Same result with new hub. I have replaced my router with a new eeros home wifi system. Hub worked great again for one day, now the same issue will not connect to the internet and hub led stays red. I have reset every device within the network with no help. Checking my router it shows it has assigned an IP address to the hub. The network status lights on the hub cycle on and off, the hub clearly will not stay connected. I have tried hooking the hub directly to the router and with a switch nothing helps. I have a dozen or so devices wired to my network with another dozen or so wireless with no problems at all. I am at a loss with this Insteon hub. I have called my internet provider and they say nothing is wrong or blocking anything. Should I replace my cable modem? At this point it's the only device in the chain that hasn't been replaced. I'm frustrated at this point and about to switch it all out for lutron. If anyone can help please let me know
    Last edited by Flyguy340; 04-03-2017, 12:33 PM. Reason: Spelling

Have you tried changing the network cable?
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I have tried multiple cables as well. The system worked fine for one day. I was able to program scenes, and use the app flawlessly then the next day return to a red light and unable to connect.

Comment

Working...
      X