Hub Pro loses configuration after power outage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hub Pro loses configuration after power outage

So, this has happened one too many times. After a power outage, Hub Pro loses all it's configuration, and I have to reset it and setup the whole home again. Rather annoying, specially because the Hub Pro is supposed to use my account and keep it's data synched.

Any solutions?

I mean it actually loses it's config and the hub is reset back to non-working factory settings. I've left it sitting for day after the power outage to see if it regains the configuration, but it never does. It requires a hard reset, and then adding it back to HomeKit/Insteon Pro App, then going and adding my devices again.

After the last power outage, I'm now unable to add my FanLink device. Strangely enough, my Outlet gets recognized as a FanLink, and I can control both outlets which, in theory, is not possible with Insteon Pro Hub/HomeKit.

Comment

Yep, I've tried this many times and it works. This seems to happen after extended periods of disconnection, especially when internet connection is lost all around the house. I haven't nailed down the exact situation, but it's happened at least 10 times in the last 5 months.

Also, don't know what is going on with the Outlet, but it still comes up as a FanLinc...

Comment

I have had this problem too a few times (just yesterday). All my Insteon devices go missing in HomeKit (Home App and Insteon+) for no apparent reason. Power cycling the hub and waiting a while like 20 mins seems to bring them all back, but with all the names, rooms, automations reset. What seems to happen is the bridge is still visible to HomeKit but contains only one accessory called "Hub". Power cycling and waiting brings them back as all new accessories in the HomeKit DB.

Comment

Originally posted by Raso View Post
          What seems to happen is the bridge is still visible to HomeKit but contains only one accessory called "Hub". Power cycling and waiting brings them back as all new accessories in the HomeKit DB.
          Yep exactly the same problem I'm having...

I also haven't been able to get my outlet to be recognized again as an outlet. It's still recognized as a FanLinc controller...

Comment

Working...
          X