Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do the Insteon Siren and new motion detector work with the Hub Pro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do the Insteon Siren and new motion detector work with the Hub Pro?

Hello, just wondering if the siren and motion detector work with the Hub Pro, I would like to set up some automation around triggering the siren if the motion detector (or one of my homekit enabled cameras) detects motion when I am not at home.

Thanks

No they don't. Only devices that Apple has approved work with the Hub Pro.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

hm, curious what the implications of that are... will the siren/new motion detector _never_ work with the hub pro, or??

Comment

That's actually a question for Apple. Some Insteon devices have been added since the inception of the Pro, but there are no compatible battery powered Insteon devices.
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Working...
        X