Hub and AirPort Extreme - Red LED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hub and AirPort Extreme - Red LED

I have a new hub and I cannot get it to go green. I plugged it into my AirPort Extreme and it worked just fine. However, I set up a DHCP reservation so that it would always get the same IP, but at some point, the hub went red and I can't see it on the app anymore. I'm not sure what happened. I called support and they had me remove the reservation and let the DHCP address expire, which was set at 1 day. It's now a week later and things are still red. Has anyone successfully used an Insteon hub with an Airport? Also, has anyone used it with a reservation in place?

Is there a way to manually set it up without going DHCP? I'm from the old school and static IP's are always something I prefer to DHCP reservations...

I took out the reservation and the forwarding to port 25105 that I had setup... of course, the server then gave it the same address as the reservation when it renewed... however, nothing was set in stone at this point... just for grins, I put in a reservation for a different IP and made sure it got the new IP... took out the res and went back.. after it expired... same address, same red LED...

How do you do a connection reset? I did the network reset per support... triple tap, then a reboot after the second beep set... however, it says the light is supposed to turn green... nothing ever changed...

Comment

The port (25105) for the Hub 2 (2245) should not be forwarded. Updates and smartphones can find your Hub as long as you don't change the port. You can set any IP address that you want.
      Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
      Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

nope... it's actually the only device that is currently using a LAN port on the airport... There's never been a separate switch on it at all...

Comment

Same... nothing has changed physically...

Comment

Working...
          X