Hub replacement causes switches to blink red

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hub replacement causes switches to blink red

I recently had my hub die and had to replace it. I got my account re-set and all the device information from support. When I got the new hub I manually typed in all of my device IDs and recreated scenes. Everything seems to be working but almost every in-wall switch is blinking red about 2 seconds after I manually turn it off or on. I tried to factory re-set a switch and set it up again but it still blinks red.

Any thoughts on fixing it.

That is an indication that the device has a link to something that has changed. That'll happen unless each and every scene is exactly as it was before the replacement and you did not factory reset each device. A factory reset should have deleted those reference. Did you reset the devices before adding them back?
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

As Stus indicated, Blinking red indicates that a device did not receive a response from a linked device. Since you replaced your hub, the switches are not receiving feedback from it which is why they are blinking.

If you have newer devices make sure you get a long beep during the factory reset and do not let go of the button until the beeping stops

Comment

Working...
      X