Hub LED stays red, no connections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hub LED stays red, no connections

I'm trying to troubleshoot a problem I'm sure the solution is out there, but I've read some posts and not getting anywhere, so I'm now posting for some further tips.

I have an Insteon Hub 2245-222 which I'm not able to connect to through the app (or through an Amazon Echo that is connected to it).

The LED is solid Red.

Unfortunately, I did a lot of stuff last night trying to troubleshoot a different network related problem last night. Maybe the problem lays with that. This is what I've done trying to fix the Hub problem.

1. I've unplugged it a few times to see if that would reset it.
    2. I tried a Network Reset (press set button rapidly 3 times). It beeps as it is supposed to do, but then NOTHING happens
    3. I do not have the hub set to a static IP address in my router
    4. I do not have port forwarding set up on the router for this device
    5. I checked the ethernet cable connection, unplugged, plugged back in, appears to be snugglyl connected
    6. I do see the hub listed on my router as an attached device, and it matches the internal IP address listed when I check http://connect.insteon.com/getinfo.asp
    7. When I browse to the address / port listed, I am able to log in with the default username/password (printed on the bottom of the hub) and it gives me a page with the following information:

INSTEON HUB2 Details
    Hub2-V04-20140904
    PLM Version:9F
    Firmware:1010 Build May 18 2016 09:51:34
    Insteon ID:"DELETED for PRIVACY"

For device control visit connect.insteon.com
    User Manual
    Technical Support

8. One kinda dumb question I'm wondering; the Insteon account login that I use when logging into the app, is DIFFERENT than the default username/password printed on the bottom of the hub, right? Just checking to be sure I have that right [thought that would have nothing to do with the LED being stuck on Red, just want to be sure]

I'm not sure what my next step would be. Any ideas?

I just got an email; apparently there was a DDOS attack and Insteon is down; maybe that's it... ugghh... the perils of using a home automation system that relies on the cloud...

Comment

None of you scenes should be affected because scenes are written to the devices themselves.
      Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
      Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Working...
      X