Long Beep and Flashing LEDs when Adding a Device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long Beep and Flashing LEDs when Adding a Device

I am attempting to add my Smoke Bridge to the Hub via the App. While on the Add Screen in the app, I follow the instructions and hold the set button on the Smoke Bridge until it beeps. When I do, the hub makes an extra long beep and the led starts rapid flashing (not the slow flash normally while waiting to add). Nothing then happens and the add fail (if I press the Next button in the app it just searches until the countdown stops).

When I add other plugin devices it adds them fine (and there is no long beep). This is only with the smoke bridge. This is the second one I've tried with the same results. Any idea what the long beep and flashing led signifies on the hub. The smoke bridge used to work fine with the hub.
    Last edited by dranobob; 09-15-2016, 12:32 PM.

I would suggest as a quick test move the smoke bridge to the same outlet as the HUB II and see what the results are. Keeping in mind one of the basic things in any Insteon network is to confirm proper coupling / bridging via the 4 tap beacon test. The 4 tap beacon test will confirm that both electrical legs of the single phase split power supply is bridged via Insteon RF.

Assuming the test passes and you still can't add the device more than likely there are noise makers / signal suckers on the branch circuit. Common items are computers, UPS, TV's, cell chargers, almost anything that is electronic. Easiest thing to do is unplug all the devices on that circuit and try the add process again.

If it succeeds all you need to do moving forward is to purchase and install a Insteon Filterlinc(s).
    Want to make a real difference? Please cast your vote to make the PLM Pro a reality: http://forum.insteon.com/forum/main-...t/8221-plm-pro

Comment

Working...
    X