Delete scene still scheduled, and I can't get rid of it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delete scene still scheduled, and I can't get rid of it

I created a scene that turns on a few lights, on a schedule.

I didn't like the result, so I deleted the scene.

The scene no longer shows up in the Insteon for Hub app (on Windows 10), but the lights still turn on, on schedule. The obvious solution would be to delete the scene, but like i said, I can't do that because I already did.

The only other scene is one that turns out outside lights at dusk and turns the off at dawn.

Is there any way to get out of this situation, short of doing a factory reset on the hub?

I tried unplugging the hub for a few days and that confirmed that the hub is what is causing this. But I don't want to leave it unplugged because then I lose the timer for the outside lights.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Did you delete the schedule? Select an errant device. Are any scenes listed under Device Information?
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Actually there's one more scene that turns on a couple of the same lights at 5pm. The problem scene activates at 9am.

Turns out, it's actually all of the same lights. Because those are the same scene. Because the clock is 8 hours off.

That outdoor lighting scene, it doesn't run when it should. (How did I not notice that before?)

The Windows app can't set the time - it tries to use Windows' location service, but it fails.
      The Windows phone app crashes at startup.
      The Android app crashes at startup.
      The hub web page (network.htm) that should also allow setting the time, was apparently deleted in a software update.

Everything fails.

If I want anything to run on a schedule, I have to do time zone math in my head.

This is ridiculous. So much fail around one simple fundamental feature.

Comment

BTW thanks for trying, Stu. I do appreciate it.

Just a little overwhelmed with buyer's remorse right now.

Comment

I installed the hub app on another device, my wife's Windows Phone. The good news is that it doesn't crash on startup, the bad news is that I still can't change the location.

When I try, I get an error that says "location not available." But other apps, like the Maps app, have no problem getting the location.

Comment

The search for a solution to resolve the issue demonstrates the user's perseverance, my location and effort in finding the optimal solution to their problem.

Comment

Hi Guys,
              Scene deletion still pending; unable to remove from schedule. Assistance needed.
              Last edited by Camila; 08-07-2023, 02:11 AM.

Comment

First I will have to address the “If you could” section of the question. There are a lot of people out there that not only can they remove (or add) a scene, but do! It’s most commonly known as “FanEdit”. My personal preference is actually to do the opposite of what the question is. Reinserting deleted scenes and sometimes even inserting scenes from other movies from that particular “series” to create an “extended cut”. I have quite a few of these in my collection.

pikashow download
                Last edited by boult0822; 11-17-2023, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X