Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple iOS devices on the same Hub Pro

Hi,

are multiple iOS devices on the same Hub Pro supported? If yes, is the configuration of the individual Insteon devices centrally managed and automatically synchronized among all devices? I have 2 iPhones and 3 iPads in my house and expect to control the lights on each one of them. Any documentation how to set this up?

Thanks,
    Alex

HomeKit's database, which is what Insteon+ uses to define and maintain your homes, rooms, zones, and scenes, is maintained in your iCloud Keychain (meaning you'll need to enable that on any device you want to use to control your home). I have the same HomeKit information showing up on my iPad and iPhone. it's pretty seamless. What I don't know is how that would work across Apple accounts. I know there's a concept of Users in the HomeKit database, and I have to imagine Apple thought of that, but I haven't tried it myself.

Comment

Each Apple device needs to log into the Hub Pro using the same credentials, but the Apple device itself (e.g., iPhone, iPod, etc.) can be on its own account.
      Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
      Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Yes, It's supported.

http://www.insteon.com/support-knowl...adding-a-guest

I've got an iPhone and and iPad sharing the same iCloud & Insteon user ID. I set my wife's iCloud account up with a "Guest" account in the Insteon+ app. She downloaded the Insteon+ app and created her own Insteon account. She can use all the Insteon devices added to my hub, but cannot set up, edit, or delete devices / zones / rooms / scenes / schedules. (Which is exactly the way we want it)

Cheers!
        Last edited by DSeyfer; 07-17-2015, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X