Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Issues and more Issues - hardware or software?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andrewfear View Post
    My Smarthub currently sits in my closet doing nothing. The blue light is quite lovely, but it simply doesnt work.

Usually I can get the hub to be recognized when I do a factory reset. Then as soon as I try to add an Insteon device, problems start and then the Hub is grayed out in the app, and no other devices are found.

I am also running the latest firmware, which is 5.0.5 I believe.

This product needs a lot of work and I feel like my loyalty to Insteon is waning...
    Same experience here. I have yet to get 1 single device to respond.

Comment

I guess I have been lucky. After the update to the new firmware I have been able to add 38 devices! They run pretty smoothly when controlled from the iPhone app. Siri commands work about 50-60% of the time.

My problems now are two:

1) I cannot control remotely, but I believe this is because of my complex network setup. I plan to move the insteon hub pro to be directly connected to my router rather than getting an IP address for my MacOS Server and I believe that may help. I will try it this weekend.

2) I can only use the system from my iPhone. I tried to add another family member as a guest, but after receiving and accepting the invite and installing the Insteon+ app, the homekit database does not sync. I also tried in an iPad with my same account and it "Sync in Progress. Your home will be available when the sync completes". However this iPad is running iOS 9 beta so that may be part of the problem.

Comment

Working...
      X