Interference across on/off modules connected to INSTEON Hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interference across on/off modules connected to INSTEON Hub

I have a plug-in on/off module and a wire-in micro on/off module controlling two different lamps. When the plug-in is off, the status of the wire-in is correctly reported in the INSTEON for Hub app. However when the plug-in is on, the status of the wire-in becomes Unknown. I've observed this behaviour using three different versions of the Hub apps (Windows 8, Windows Phone 8 and Android). I wonder whether it's a Hub issue. Has anybody experienced anything similar?

What is the load connected to the plug-in module?
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

It's a twin set of small non-dimmable halogen lamps on top of a bookshelf

Comment

Halogens should be OK if they're line voltage, but what's the result if you plug in an incandescent lamp?
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I plugged in an incandescence lamp and have the same behaviour. Actually, had the same behaviour, because as of yesterday the micro on/off module is always in state Unknown. The thing seems to be working, though, because if I operate the lamp attached to the micro on/off using the wall-mounted mechanical switch it works and I can hear the "tick" sound of the micro module going on and off. The hub and plug-in module are on a different floor than the micro module, maybe they are too far apart or on different phases. I'll try adding an additional plug-in between the two.

Comment

Working...
          X