Daylight Savings Time still isn't working correctly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daylight Savings Time still isn't working correctly

So anyone else having issues with their hub still not knowing the correct DST date? I reported this issue to Insteon support March of last year and a fix was supposedly put in place (yet my hub software version still shows a build from 2013). For the last 2 DST dates, my hub has changed the time a week early

Am I the only one having this issue?

Bin version: Alert 2.6 YF
    Hub version: 4.8A Build Feb 8 2013

Nope. I'm seeing it too. The change seems to be triggered by the beginning of March rather than the actual date of DST.

The good news is you will be good after next weekend (insert ironic smiley here)

Comment

Ah well. I guess support lied to me.

Response I received on March 8, 2014 in regards to my bug report:

I have forwarded the information you sent today to my development team. This should have been resolved in the last update that we pushed out. I am not sure how it persists in your current version, but we will look into it and see if we can find a resolution moving forward.

Comment

I've done some more testing today. It appears this is yet another instance where the Android and iOS versions differ in behavior.

The iOS app appears to have everything OK (which makes me assume HUB settings are ok). On iOS, my sunset times show correctly, with the DST toggle on or off.

With the Android app, sunset time is one hour ahead of where it should be with DST on, shows correctly with DST off.

I also just tried Windows version and it appears to be ok. So the issue seems to be only with the Android app.

Still also seeing the difference between the two on Location setting.
        Last edited by eagle77; 03-03-2015, 06:24 AM.

Comment

Just curious, but what does the app have to do with the Hub time? Are you saying it does not get the time and DST changeover date from a timeserver somewhere and is relying on the app to set this info?

Also, I can't find the Hub time anywhere ("Hub Time" field is blank) in the Android app nor can I see what time sunset and sunrise are.

Comment

CheesePatrol...In Android Settings/Edit Settings/Get Latest Configuration. Then select HOUSE. On the 7th line it should show the Hub Time. The only way I have found to see the sunset/sunrise times is by actually going in to the schedule of a scene and selecting sunset or sunrise, at which time it shows the time. Mine show correctly (we will see after DST this weekend), but in my case my Sunset Scene ignores the time and does not turn on at all. Seems to be many people having this problem and it has been outstanding for a long time. Also on Android and Windows 8.1 on my desktop, I have found no way to actually see the Hub DATE.

Comment

Like I said, that field is blank. I have attached a screenshot.
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I have the same issues, Hub time is blank and lights did not turn on at the proper time this morning.
                Samsung S5, Bin Verson Alert 2.6F, PLM Version 9C, Hub Version 4.8A Build Feb 08 2
                I had check my location last night and reset just to be sure. I do not have a port open for WAN access.

Comment

I received a mass e-mail from Insteon 2 days before DST with some instructions on what to do if DST doesn't change on the right date:
                  • Navigate to Settings
                  • Select House
                  • Select Hub Location and set your home's location again.

No instructions on what to do if your Hub's time changes a week early

Comment

CheesePatrol .. same for if it changes early.
                    Re establishing your location in House will reset the time zone

Comment

It didn't work back when I tried it

Comment

Hi guys, I had the same problem trying to update the location with my Windows mobile phone, using the APP. It didn't work.
                        I fixed this issue using my other portable device, an Android tablet. Using Android, after pressing LOCATION, a little windows like MAPS was letting me choose my location on the map and the HUB updated correctly its time.

Comment

I am trying to update the time according to tip above, but am having a problem with the changing the location. The application closes when I try to open the Location Change window. I have a Android phone and a tablet and it occurs on both. Also tried uninstalling and re-installing, still no joy? Any chance that I can directly access the Hub through my computer using the IP address. Don't really need the phone access at this time....

Thanks,

Comment

Update, the reinstall on the Android tablet fixed the Observe DST setting so I am ok for now. Still can't change the location, the app continues to crash....

Comment

I'm seeing the DST issue on both Windows app (Surface Pro3/Win8.1) and also on Windows Phone app (Lumia 920/WP8.1). The location can only be set with my phone app but even then it's off by about 15 miles. My son has an Android tablet so I guess I will give that a try.

​Update: I was able to update the location through the Android app but DST is still off by an hour...
                              Last edited by zimbrich; 04-02-2015, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X