How to set correct local time on Hub?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to set correct local time on Hub?

I've installed my hub and told it to use my location, which it appears to have detected correctly (my city name appears). However, the Local Time is being reported as 3 hours ahead of my actual local time. It's as if the Hub thinks it should be on Eastern time, but I'm actually on Pacific. There doesn't seem to be an option to set the time zone or manually adjust the clock.

How is this supposed to work?

Sounds like the location database is confusing your location with one similarly named but in a different part of the country.

No worries, you can adjust your location manually. Go to Settings, House, Hub Location, Enter My Address, and provide a street address. It doesn't even have to be your house, it can be a store in a neighboring town, just so the app places you in the correct time zone.

Comment

My city and state are shown, so I don't think that's the issue.

I don't see an "Enter My Address" option available. When I click on the Location, I get a pop-up asking: "Do you want to use the current location?" with choices OK and Cancel. OK sets the location using (presumably) my phone's GPS location, and Cancel just does nothing.

This is the Windows Phone app. In the Windows 8 app, it's similar (the choices are Yes and No instead of OK and Cancel, but the outcome is the same).

Comment

I am having the exact same problem; windows phone/windows 8.1 app is what I have. My time is off as well, and the hub has my city/state correct, but no way to manually change the time. Please help. It makes setting schedules a pain in the butt.

Comment

Did anyone get this issues resolved? Having the same problem, my Insteon apps are on Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone as well.

Comment

Well, here is the answer to this problem... http://support.insteon.com/customer/...ur-insteon-hub
            now, if I could only figure out how to get the app to save a new hub username and password, b/c for me it wont.

Comment

^must be logged on to hub through local intranet to change hub username and password, btw

Comment

Has anyone successfully solved this issue? I'm having the same problem on the Insteon HUB model 2245-222 and my apps are on Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone also.
                Last edited by KevinRush; 09-21-2015, 03:42 PM.

Comment

I'm having the same issue with the Hub2 2245-222. The time is off by 5 hours and the location says Unknown.. No way to manually set it either like you could with the Hub1.
                  INSTEON Hub II, Amazon Echo, Production
                  Lumia 950 Windows 10 Mobile
                  ​INSTEON APP doesn't work on Win 10 Mobile
                  Netgear Router
                  14 Devices

Comment

You can only change your location in and ios app (iPhone) or the Android app, (tablet, phone), and even then the DST option gets a little tricky.

Comment

Originally posted by David Alvarez View Post
                      Well, here is the answer to this problem... http://support.insteon.com/customer/...ur-insteon-hub
                      now, if I could only figure out how to get the app to save a new hub username and password, b/c for me it wont.
                      The site in your link is only supposed to work with the early Hub, the later model 2245-222 Hub can't use the site at all.

Comment

I found that the iPhone app only caters for USA cities, I am in Western Australia and so can't input my location .. is there a work around for this pls?

Comment

This is still a problem for me. Thoughts?

Comment

I was able to use the map to set the hub location using my phone. After you set the location on the map you have to save it. In the upper right corner is a faded symbol for a disk, be sure to hit that, it is easy to miss. It changed the time on the PC hub page as well. Maybe log off and log back in, and it does take a minute or two.

Comment

Working...
                            X