How to transfer Insteon devices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to transfer Insteon devices?

How can I migrate my Insteon devices from a dead hub to a new one after my Insteon Hub recently failed? I noticed Insteon has hubs in stock, but I'm uncertain about the process. With the subscription, is it possible to transfer my device list stored in Insteon's databases to the new hub seamlessly, or are there specific steps I need to follow to ensure a smooth transition?

Not too sure about now.
    At one time they had a service. That transferred the old HUB's link database and ID into the new one. So it worked out of the box.
    I believe they could have you return the dead one and repair it with its link database intact and it would have the same six digit ID.
    One thing to remember. A HUB has a six digit ID number and it is also in all the modules it controls database.
    If the new HUB does not have the same six digit ID as the old one. Your modules will not respond. Thinking another HUB is sending messages to a different set of modules.

Comment

Insteon offer a hub migration service for when this happens
      https://shop.insteon.com/products/mi...hub-2-2245-222

Comment

If you use a new HUB. It will have a new six digit ID and the old HUB a different ID.
        Modules also have the HUB ID in them.
        To know the message was from a known device.
        Will not respond to the new HUB.
        The migration service would transfer the data to the new HUB and I believe use the old HUB address for accessing the modules.
        Last edited by BLH; 12-07-2023, 08:21 AM. Reason: Add information

Comment

Working...
        X