Schedules not working on Insteon System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schedules not working on Insteon System

Over the past few months I have been having a lot of issues with my insteon hub and devices and wall outlets. I've changed wall outlet scenes and devices are still turning off or on at random times. Scene schedules don't seem to be working properly - some days they turn on and other they don't. Also, notice in the debug file in director that I have several errors. Errors like
    • Failed to write a device link during scene creation. Hub returned error: undefined
    • Failed to update scene, An alert would appear with instruction
    • Following links have been failed to write === [{"target":"DEVICE","targetDeviceId":"4C67FA","othe rId":"58060D","recordType":"CONTROLLER","onLevel": 255,"rampRate":28,"group":6,"operation":"delete"," igrp":1}]
    • === [{"target":"HUB","otherId":"538BA4","recordType":"R ESPONDER","group":12,"operation":"add"}]
    There are several other errors. Is there a way to reset the entire system and start over from scratch? I've got 8 outlets, 5 switches, 2 keypads (4 and 8 button).
    Can I factory reset the hub and re-install? Hub is 2nd Gen

Alain

Originally posted by abouit@yahoo.com View Post
    Over the past few months I have been having a lot of issues with my insteon hub and devices and wall outlets. I've changed wall outlet scenes and devices are still turning off or on at random times. Scene schedules don't seem to be working properly - some days they turn on and other they don't. Also, notice in the debug file in director that I have several errors. Errors like
    • Failed to write a device link during scene creation. Hub returned error: undefined
    • Failed to update scene, An alert would appear with instruction
    • Following links have been failed to write === [{"target":"DEVICE","targetDeviceId":"4C67FA","o the rId":"58060D","recordType":"CONTROLLER","onLevel" : 255,"rampRate":28,"group":6,"operation":"delete"," igrp":1}]
    • === [{"target":"HUB","otherId":"538BA4","recordType" :"R ESPONDER","group":12,"operation":"add"}]
    There are several other errors. Is there a way to reset the entire system and start over from scratch? I've got 8 outlets, 5 switches, 2 keypads (4 and 8 button).

Alain
    Hello,

If you're experiencing various issues with your Insteon hub and devices, such as random on/off actions, malfunctioning scene schedules, and encountering errors in the debug file, it might be worth considering a complete system reset. To reset the Insteon hub to its factory settings, you can typically find a reset button on the hub itself or refer to the manufacturer's instructions. After the reset, you can reinstall and reconfigure your devices, including the 8 outlets, 5 switches, and 2 keypads, to ensure a fresh start. This process should help address the issues you've been facing and improve the functionality of your Insteon system.

Last edited by INSTEON John; 08-03-2023, 01:19 PM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

Hey there i can see your post
      1. Check the time and date settings: Ensure that the time and date settings on your Insteon system are accurate. Incorrect time and date settings can prevent schedules from activating at the desired times.
      2. Verify the schedule programming: Double-check the schedule programming to ensure that it is correctly set up. Make sure you have selected the appropriate days, times, and actions for each schedule. Look for any conflicting or overlapping schedules that might be causing issues.
      3. Confirm proper device configuration: Ensure that the devices involved in the schedule are properly configured and functioning correctly. Check that the devices are responding to commands and are connected to the Insteon network.
      4. Check for power outages or interruptions: Power outages or interruptions can disrupt the functionality of your Insteon system. Verify that the power supply to your devices and Insteon hub or controller is stable and uninterrupted.
      5. Reset and reboot devices: Sometimes, resetting and rebooting the devices can resolve temporary issues. Try power-cycling your Insteon devices, including the hub or controller, by unplugging them from the power source, waiting for a few seconds, and plugging them back in.
      6. Update firmware and software: Ensure that you have the latest firmware and software updates for your Insteon devices and controller. Check the manufacturer's website for any available updates and follow their instructions to perform the updates. Tell Happy Star
      7. Contact Insteon support: If the above steps do not resolve the issue, reach out to Insteon customer support for further assistance. They can provide specific troubleshooting guidance and help you identify any potential hardware or software issues.
      You can try this
      thanks and regards
      RebeccaColman
      Last edited by RebeccaColman; 07-17-2023, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by abouit@yahoo.com View Post
          Failed to update scene, An alert would appear with instruction
          Following links have been failed to write === [{"target":"DEVICE","targetDeviceId":"4C67FA","o the rId":"58060D","recordType elastic man":"CONTROLLER","onLevel":255,"rampRate":28,"gr o up" :6,"operation":"delete","igrp":1}]
          === [{"target":"HUB","otherId":"538BA4","recordType" :"R ESPONDER","group":12,"operation":"add"}]

Alain
        Have re started the hub, tried toggling between dusk/daylight and specific on/time times to no avail. It's nice to have the ability to control on/off from the app but what I really need (and if I'm going to pay a membership) is the scheduling function to be reliable.
        Last edited by INSTEON John; 08-03-2023, 01:19 PM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've been experiencing with your Insteon hub and devices. It sounds like there may be some technical issues causing these problems. To reset the entire system and start over from scratch, you can try performing a factory reset on your hub. This should clear any existing configurations and settings. Once the reset is complete, you can re-install the hub and set up your devices again. Keep in mind that performing a factory reset will delete all current settings, so you'll need to reconfigure everything from scratch. Hardeeā€™s Survey
          Last edited by Sazsefui; 08-15-2023, 09:44 PM.

Comment

It sounds quite frustrating. If you're facing problems like devices turning on or off randomly and scene schedules not working correctly, it might be a good idea to consider a complete system reset.

To reset your Insteon hub to its factory settings, you can typically find a reset button on the hub itself or refer to the manufacturer's instructions. After the reset, you can reinstall and reconfigure your devices, including the 8 outlets, 5 switches, and 2 keypads (4 and 8 button), to ensure a fresh start. This process should help address the issues you've been facing and improve the functionality of your Insteon system.

If you decide to go through with the reset, make sure to back up any important configurations or settings before proceeding.

Comment

Working...
            X