Schedules and Timers no longer work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schedules and Timers no longer work

I have the latest hub. Have about 35 active devices. Am using the old app, not new director.

Everything was working as usual until we came out of daylight savings time this past weekend. My timers on individual devices and some scenes have simply stopped working.

I rebooted the hub. Also tried changing the on and off times for several devices and scenes and re-saving. Nothing has worked so far. Timers simply will no longer operate on/off for devices.

Anyone else having this problem, know a fix?

I just found an old post where someone had this problem years ago. The solution was to go into the settings and make sure the HUB time was correct. Mine was off by 6 hours. It’s weird that happened with the changeover in DST, but Insteon has had trouble in the past with correcting for DST. To update the hub time, I selected “HUB location”. That pinpoints the geographic location of the HUB. Then, select “Done” .. and the time is then updated to the correct time, again based on the geographic location of the HUB. I am hoping this now fixes the issue. I will know tonight when several scenes are supposed to trigger on and off.

Comment

Update … that was the problem. HUB time lagged actual time of day by 6 hours. Thinking back on it also, the electricity went out at my house several times this past week. Apparently, the HUB time is not automatically reset after electrical outages. So, it’s important to check your HUB time after electrical outages, reset if necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by JWillis View Post
        Update … that was the problem. HUB time lagged actual time of day by 6 hours. Thinking back on it also, the electricity went out at my house several times this past week. Apparently, the HUB time is not automatically reset after electrical outages basket random. So, it’s important to check your HUB time after electrical outages, reset if necessary.
        Yes, I believe it is important to check the HUB time after a power failure

Comment

That is what I was looking for, what information, present here at this site. myLoyola Portal
          Last edited by Hadleyzxs; 04-13-2023, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JWillis View Post
            Update … that was the problem. HUB time lagged actual time of day by 6 hours. Thinking back on it also, the electricity went out at my house several times this past week. Apparently, the HUB time is not automatically reset after electrical outages. So, it’s important to check your HUB time after electrical outages, reset if necessary.
            your method is working with my device geometry dash
            Last edited by INSTEON John; 09-21-2023, 12:12 PM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

Working...
            X