HUB 2: Unable to change the default hub username and password

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HUB 2: Unable to change the default hub username and password

Hoping someone can help. For the purpose of clarity, I'm *not* trying to reset the hub back to the factory defaults...plenty of posts on that already!

The hub as most of you know comes with a default admin username and password that is printed on the back. This information is also encoded in the QR code located there as well. It's these credentials that I'm trying to change.

Details:

In a second home that I rent out, I added a 2nd INSTEON Hub (as a second house) using the Insteon Director App. This worked fine except:
    • I was not asked during the setup if I wanted to change the default hub password
    • The hub information can be displayed in the Director App but it cannot be changed
    • Logging in via a browser using the IP and Port just displays:
    INSTEON HUB2 Details
    Hub2-V04-20140904
    PLM Version:A5
    Firmware:1019 Build Nov 18 2019 13:45:08

* I've seen posts where others have been able to use a browser to do more with the hub than just display the product information. Is there a guide somewhere for the Hub 2 regarding the browser interface?
    • Second houses are not supported in the INSTEON for hub app so the new hub is not shown in the legacy app.

Note: I actually tried to create a new insteon account in order to try setting up the second hub in legacy app which revealed a SCARY issue with it (the app). After logging in with the new account information, not only did I not get a chance to add the hub (maybe because I didn't factory reset it ...that would be last resort) BUT the app sucked in all the information from my other account without me even logging in!!! I'm assuming this came from the device cache but clearly reveals some major security and design flaws with the legacy app.
    • I tried connect.insteon.com, no longer supported
    • I tried the Windows INSTEON Hub app which shows my Homes and the Hub IPs but it won't connect regardless if I'm connected via WiFi or physically plugged in to the router as the Hub is. I'm guessing the Windows App is also no longer supported which a sincere shame ESPECIALLY in cases like this.
    • I tried emailing Insteon support. So far that has been non-productive...multiple responses with non-relevant or repeated information: how to reset my Insteon (online) account [not what I'm asking], how to change the email address with my account [again no], asking me if I have a Hub 1 (clearly not from the information above plus I said I don't), suggesting I use the app (already said I can't make the change there), suggesting I use the Insteon for Hub app (already explained why this doesn't work). etc..

Searching the forum, I saw a couple of posts stating you need to be on the same network in order to change the hub settings. On my mobile phone, I am using a WIFi network that is through the same router as the hub is using. I ensured this by putting my mobile phone in airplane mode just to be sure. *HOWEVER* Insteon Director reports that my network SSID is unknown which seems to be a bug. Could this bug be why I can't change the settings? I haven't yet but need to double check that traffic is routing between the WiFi network and ethernet jacks (and not going out to the internet and coming back in)

I am also using an Android phone and the Insteon application apparently has some limitations with regards to Androids. Could limitations with the Android and second home functionality be the issue?

If anyone has any suggestions or knows how to fix this that would be amazing!

Thanks,
    Scott

Wow, what a post, i was very time ago find this information is every ware but now today find here on this insteon web site.
    Dunkin Runs on You
    Last edited by GordonO; 03-13-2023, 09:52 PM.

Comment

I totally like your gave limits as the post you passed on has some uncommon information which is totally essential for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Pruettsl View Post
        I totally like your gave limits as the post cookie clicker you passed on has some uncommon information which is totally essential for me.
        Did you find the information you needed?

Comment

Working...
        X