Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hub 2242-422 just installed.... No time displayed - No firmware update completed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hub 2242-422 just installed.... No time displayed - No firmware update completed

Hello,

It makes a long time ago that I completed my last Insteon installation and I'm not sure that I'm doing well.

Context :
    New HUB out of the box
    • Installation on LAN with access to the Internet (inbound-outbound)
    • PCB ref X15
    • Model / version
    IMG_20221005_203132.jpg
    • Firmware version :
    Screenshot_20221005_203027.jpg

getinfo prtscreen
    Capture.jpg

My issue :

After several reinstallation, modification of the time zone, select unselect of DTS, check that NTP is available as a service on my router, 24h00 running,
    The Hub Time line (last Android Insteon app version) stay EMPTY (nothing displayed).

Any idea of what could be wrong / how to fix it ?

Does fixing it will give me the ability to benefit of the automatic firmware update at 2:00 AM ?
    or is it any alternate method to complete manually the update ?

Thank you so much

Thierry
    Last edited by tparent; 10-05-2022, 12:10 PM.

You not in the USA area? 2242-442 is for UK area of the world and uses the allowed Insteon RF frequency for the UK. Probably will not work with modules from different parts of the world by RF. Power line should be OK.
    2242-222 US, 2242-442 EU, 2242-442 UK and 2242-522 AUS. and NZ.
    Not a HUB user but I remember the APP version made a difference between the original HUB 1 and the later newer HUB 2.

Comment

Originally posted by PJL
      I think the hub uses a pre-set NTP service. I'm not sure what you mean by NTP being available as a service on your router. This is what the app shows about my hub, and the hub information is:

INSTEON HUB2 Details
      Hub2-V04-20140904
      PLM Version:A5
      Firmware:1019 Build Nov 18 2019 13:45:08
      Thanks

You are right, NTP service at router level is not a requirement. It's just finding no solution, I did the guess that "maybe" hub will challenge the TCP IP gateway as potential NTP.

Thanks to your prtscreen, I'm understanding that I have a V1 HUB which has never be "firmware version updated".

I believe that the question should more focalise on :
      - is it defective or the WEB interface not able to retrieve the Hub Time ?
      - is it any way update it "manually" (FTP, Telnet session, older version of Smartlinc....) ?

Thanks

Thierry

Comment

Working...
      X