Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Hub Pro Model: 2243-222 (HomeKit compatible) no longer going to work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the Hub Pro Model: 2243-222 (HomeKit compatible) no longer going to work?

When my Insteon Hub Pro, model 2243-222 quit working this past spring I thought it was broken. I had to replace one a few years ago. I've tried resetting but it just flashes red a few times and then turns off. Then I read about Insteon/SmartHome going out of business. Then I saw this summer that the company is back. I've looked all over and can find no information about the Hub Pro.

I do see that they are selling newer regular hubs and that one must now buy a service yearly subscription. I haven't done anything as the regular hub doesn't provide any control via HomeKit or integration with it. I really don't want to have to run HomeKit for the other half of the smart devices I have and the Insteon app for its devices. That doesn't amount to a smart home.

I've been waiting to hear any news about a HomeKit compatible Hub as I would have to spend around $1500.00 to replace all my Insteon devices. Fortunately, I have wall controllers so I'm okay. Can anyone direct me to a proper link or information about what path I must take?

Unfortunately (as you already know) insteon as you knew it is no longer around which is why your hub stopped working. A new party bought the company. They have not announced their plans for homekit. Since the Hubpro was already disco'd under Insteon's original ownership, I do not see it coming back. You may want to contact the new insteon directly (they have a link on their website) as well as follow their blogs which can also be found on their website.

Comment

If that 2243 is broken, consider using Hoobs and a 2245 Hub to get your gear working with HomeKit.

It’s a little bit of a hassle to set up initially, but you’ll gain features—unlike the 2243, Hoobs with the Insteon plugin supports using secondary keypad buttons, mini remotes, motion sensors, iolincs and leak sensors in HomeKit and HomeKit automations.

Comment

Working...
      X