Insteon Hub constant red light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Hub constant red light

Is there something wrong with the Insteon server? My Insteon hub (2245-222) has just recently started to show a constant red light. I did the unplug and network reset but still red light...

I saw a post from The Verge this morning that stated that Amazon was experiencing issues with AWS. That would be a fairly big deal.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/11/25/...-down-internet

https://status.aws.amazon.com/

Comment

I am having the same issue today. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. Strange, though, everything seems to be working fine.

Comment

The devices store their link information on their own, so they don't necessarily need a controller, or internet access to know what to do. That's Insteon greatest strength IMHO.

This is what I got from a contact over there:

Connectivity:
        If you are already logged into the app, it seems to pull in and access devices fine, logging out and logging back in seems to take a while, I clocked it at a minute on one attempt, but Have also just received errors during the process as well.
        Hub LED may go red, devices are and app still appear accessible at this time
        • Power cycling units seem to bring them back to green.
        • In both states (red / green) they are passing all tests except test 7
        Account creation:
        Account seems to be created, but I time out in the process each time. Once the account is created however, you can log in using the account credentials and set up a hub.

Statusing:
        Changes made when the app is closed are not updated to the app in IMA
        • Statusing of changes made while app is open are updates in real time
        • Navigating to device page will update status as expected.
        Integrations
        • Alexa and Google Home and other 3rd party integrations are affected by this. In most instances I’ve been able to disable / reenable the integrations, but I’ve hit some issues where logging back in will time out.Connectivity:
          If you are already logged into the app, it seems to pull in and access devices fine, logging out and logging back in seems to take a while, I clocked it at a minute on one attempt, but Have also just received errors during the process as well.
          Hub LED may go red, devices are and app still appear accessible at this time
        • Power cycling units seem to bring them back to green.
        • In both states (red / green) they are passing all tests except test 7
        • Account creation:
          Account seems to be created, but I time out in the process each time. Once the account is created however, you can log in using the account credentials and set up a hub.

Statusing:
          Changes made when the app is closed are not updated to the app in IMA
        • Statusing of changes made while app is open are updates in real time
        • Navigating to device page will update status as expected.
        • Integrations
        • Alexa and Google Home and other 3rd party integrations are affected by this. In most instances I’ve been able to disable / reenable the integrations, but I’ve hit some issues where logging back in will time out.

Comment

Mine was solid red all morning although access and commands via the app worked fine..
          Did the push-button test on the HUB and #7 failed: "Successful connection to real-time messaging service"
          Just came back in the house and noticed the LED is once again green. All seven tests now pass.
          John

Comment

Working...
          X