Inteon in hotels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inteon in hotels

Hello Insteon fan friends, how are you? I have a new project, to include Insteon in hotel rooms. For the control of lights, plugs, temperature, curtains, there is no problem, we have all the solution. My query is, to control the tv, the split air conditioning and stereo, how can I do? Of course there will also be the voice control of alexa to handle everything.

I think this would depend on the the way the tv, the split air conditioning and stereo operate. Most of the the devices I see go into a standby state when powered on. It then requires you to use a handheld remote for activation and control. Insteon can definitely supply power to those devices but will not handle the standby state issue.

Do any of the devices you are wanting to control have any sort of integration with any voice control? if so you could use Insteon for power and voice for operation.

Alternately...If these are IR based devices...maybe someone has a way of using an ISY-994I with multiple Global Cache IR blasters? Probably just need to setup multiple network resources.

https://forum.universal-devices.com/...e-wf2ir-works/

Comment

Working...
    X