Is there Updated Hub/PLM documentation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there Updated Hub/PLM documentation?

The documentation http://cache.insteon.com/developer/2...-062013-en.pdf is over 7 years since it was last updated, and even it is incomplete. It mentions commands 0x75, 0x76, 0x77, 0x78, 0x79, 0x7A, 0x7B and 0x7C but there is no real documentation about the specifics of them, just the send/receive values.

I also see the Hub receiving 027F0006 and 027F0206 on a predictable schedule. I noticed that around 14 minutes after the hour, the 027F02 is sent, and the Hub's front LED goes red. Around 2 to 2.5 minutes later, the 027F00 appears again, and the LED goes green. Then around 28 minutes after an hour, the same pattern happens again but with almost no time between them. I'd love to know what is going on here. It is getting an 06 ACK back for something it is sending.

Also, I noticed today that some older devices, mostly IOLinc's and an outdoor relay device (which is currently unplugged), old single band relay outlets and a far away single band relay switch are causing a 5C command, often when I am requesting status or ALDB. An example of what I am seeing are:

025C112233AABBCC2319
    Where 112233 is a device, and AABBCC is the Hub. I've also seen 232F as the last two bytes. My code will be requesting the whole ALDB from a device, this message will pop up, then everything is okay and I will receive every ALDB record.

Anyhow, I've been working with Insteon for 9 years now, paid for the defunct SDK years ago, and it bugs me when I don't know what is happening, it would be nice to get a bit more up-to-date documentation to cover any new stuff that has obviously been added.

I’m curious what tools you’re using to monitor Insteon traffic to/from the Hub.

Comment

All of my software is homemade. My home automation was forced into using a USB dongle PLM being fed to a VMware server after my USB PLM died, then moving my servers to the basement started giving me reliability issues due to having too many devices causing interference. I have 60 some hardwired devices and over a dozen battery operated things like leak/door/motion sensors.

So I recently decided to make my software work with two PLMs, and worked out communications to the Hub in C#, after a lot of trial and error I worked out most issues I had with the small buffer and lots of undocumented "features" in the Hub. Right now I am just using the Hub to poll statuses and fetch ALDB's for devices, since Extended messages were having trouble making it back to the other PLM. I essentially hit the buffstatus.xml every 300ms, and track the head/tail of the buffer as I go. Fun fact, the buffer clears every time you send a command, so I had to take some care to make sure I don't clear the buffer when I am waiting on long responses like the ALDB, and need to reset my pointers when the buffer resets.

I did realize last night, that the 5C messages I am getting, the last byte (19 or 2F) corresponds to the message I am sending, (get status or get ALDB). I also realized that things were working a week ago, and with no real changes to linking anywhere in the system, the problem developed on its own.

Comment

Working...
      X