Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

23 June Update also Broken for windows phone

HTC M8 (one) windows phone 8.1.

Update seemed to be pushed this morning. I am still wholly unable to control any of my insteon devices from it. Thermostats load at least.

The previous app listed in the store (since a week or so ago) was version 1.2. It looks like they possibly attempted to roll back, as the version in the store now says 1.1.1.1. HOWEVER, when trying to install that one it still installs 1.2 (check About Insteon App to see which you have), which is the same broken one from a week ago. Might just be fluke that your thermostat control loads?

Comment

The "new" (?) version of the app released today seems as worthless as the previous release. As pipe noted, it still shows as v1.2.0, and remote connectivity over mobile connectivity (i.e. 3G/4G) and wi-fi is equally broken ("Connection to Hub: Failed" over and over again with no status or control). I didn't get a chance to test it from home to see if any of the bugs were worked out when connecting over local wi-fi. Was this even a new version of the app? The store inexplicably still says v1.1.1.1 and the app still says 1.2.0. Somehow, Insteon has even managed to screw up version control...

Comment

Insteon for HUB application keeps on updating every one or two days, but the result is still the same: COMPLETELY USELESS!
        I am not able to use my Insteon system since 2 weeks and this is so annoying

Comment

I uninstalled and re-installed the Windows Phone app, hoping to get the "latest," whatever version that is. I couldn't connect to the hub at all last night (even though I could from iOS), but now it's working. This update is a complete mess. This appears to be a re-write, perhaps moving to the universal platform. The UI implementation, though is really sloppy. And they still haven't fixed the scene adjustment workflow or added support for Nest. This is very disappointing.

Oh, and has anyone else tried submitting comments in the store? At https://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/s...2-8b9fea0a538a, there appears to be an error preventing me from leaving a review.
          Last edited by rgunther; 07-04-2015, 08:16 AM. Reason: Added note about comments in the store

Comment

I did not submit comments to the MS Store. I did not see much of a point for it. I've been trying to get insteon (Smarthome) to respond to me, but nothing in some time. I know that when I write windows phone apps, I would be taken out and shot if I released a beta, let alone a production version as bad as insteon's. I have had some success using an ISY as my "hub" But it doesn't do the same things and I shouldn't really have to buy multiple pieces of equipment.

Comment

Working...
            X