Cannot login with Windows 8 app

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot login with Windows 8 app

(For consistency I'm continuing this topic in the newly created sub-forum for Windows 8 from the INSTEON Hub App Forum, ok for me if the Forum moderator wants to remove the other topic)

I've installed the INSTEON for Hub app for Windows 8 today, but I cannot login. I keep getting the error

ERROR
    Get hub information failed.

According to dpham (thanks!) it seems to be a server-side issue with the public version of the Windows 8 app. For information, I can login with the Android app without problems.

Just installed the newly released Windows Phone 8 version as well. This one works, in the sense that I can login and I see my house and all related information. However, I tried to access the status of a simple on/off sensor and I get the message "Feature Coming Soon!"

Windows 8 app still not able to login.

Comment

I have the same issue. I installed the app today June 3rd @ 8:00am so it should be the latest.

Comment

Disappointingly, same issue here with Win8.1 app. Windows Phone app is running great and is extremely quick on the Nokia 1520 running the 8.1 preview.

Comment

Originally posted by postwar30 View Post
          Disappointingly, same issue here with Win8.1 app. Windows Phone app is running great and is extremely quick on the Nokia 1520 running the 8.1 preview.
          What can you do with the Windows Phone app? In my case if I access sensors or on/off switches I just get the message "Feature Coming Soon". I'm running WP8.1 preview on Nokia 1020

Comment

Originally posted by shinsenai View Post

What can you do with the Windows Phone app? In my case if I access sensors or on/off switches I just get the message "Feature Coming Soon". I'm running WP8.1 preview on Nokia 1020
            All expected functionality is working within the phone app. I can control all devices and scenes as well as make configuration changes to existing devices or the hub itself.

Comment

FYI, I just uninstalled and re-installed the Win8.1 app and all appears to be working now.

Comment

Ah, yes, I can see a new version has been released. I just upgraded (without reinstalling) and everything works fine. Good job! I'll post more questions or comments as I try the different functions :-)

Thanks!

Comment

The App for the PC still will not find the Hub information. This is not fun. I just deleted, re-booted, and downloaded it again. Same thing.

Comment

Which version do you have? For me after upgrading to v. 1.1.2 the login problem went away.

Comment

Originally posted by postwar30 View Post

All expected functionality is working within the phone app. I can control all devices and scenes as well as make configuration changes to existing devices or the hub itself.
                      This is getting me crazy, I've removed and reinstalled the Windows Phone app, but I still cannot see the status of sensors. It works on the Windows 8 app. Attached a snapshot of the "Feature Coming Soon" message.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Any news on the Windows Phone 8 "Feature Coming Soon" issue? Am I the only one seeing this? I've tried the app on a different WP8 phone and I get exactly the same. I'm in Europe and using the EU version of the Hub and devices, might this be a problem? With the Windows 8 version everything works as expected (except Schedules, which don't seem to be implemented on either the W8 or WP8 app)

Comment

Working...
                        X