Status of devices randomly show as yellow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Status of devices randomly show as yellow

I recently switched my hub from a 2242 to a 2245. At the same time, Insteon pushed out their latest iOS app, so unfortunately a few things have changed at once.
    My problem is that when I turn a device on or off, the status color in the app will randomly show yellow instead of green or grey. If I leave switch to a different a screen in the app and switch back, the devices will re-poll and I then get the correct status color. This happens randomly with various device types but very frequently (ie. plug in modules, wall switches etc.) I can't find a definitive pattern.
    As any fyi, I factory reset every device when I switched from very hub to the other (very time consuming!)
    My new hub is plugged into exactly the same place as the old hub.
    My setup was working flawlessly when everything was on the 2242.
    Now I don't know if the issue is with the new hub or the new version of the app. Either way, it's an issue.
    I've sent in support messages to Insteon Support but its been days and I haven't heard back.
    Suggestions from anyone?

I find removing and then re-adding the device (no need to factory reset, you can even re-add using the device ID to speed up the process) usually does the trick. The device will then update the status without refreshing the page. Also, if you are using a dimming device and it's not at 100% it will show yellow instead of green.
    Hub 2245-222, ID 46.F7.AE, Prod
    Insteon for Hub App v1.15.4 build 334
    53 Insteon devices

Comment

Thanks. I just tried deleting the device and re-adding it but that did not help. When I turn the device in it goes to yellow. When I refresh the page in the app it goes green. When I shut the device off thru the app it goes yellow. When I refresh again it goes grey.
      Very frustrating as I never had these problems before.

Comment

I agree - does sound frustrating. Is it all your devices are just certain ones?

Maybe a few other things to check / try (cant hurt):

are your Hub and App both updated to latest ver? Latest firmware for the hub is v1010, I am assuming you got the latest App version 1.31.1 when you said iOS pushed an update
        I'd try updating the Hub from the App, even force if it doesn't find any required, and once complete unplug your hub for a few seconds and then plug it back in.
        also you can safely delete the Insteon app from your iOS device and reinstall it... you wont lose any settings (even though it says you will delete all data) - it might help
        Hub 2245-222, ID 46.F7.AE, Prod
        Insteon for Hub App v1.15.4 build 334
        53 Insteon devices

Comment

Originally posted by kenrok1 View Post
          I find removing and then re-adding the device (no need to factory reset, you can even re-add using the device ID to speed up the process) usually does the trick. The device will then update the status without refreshing the page. Also, if you are using a dimming device and it's not at 100% it will show yellow instead of green.
          I appreciate you sharing this.
          Last edited by INSTEON John; 05-07-2023, 01:06 PM. Reason: 49.43.32.113

Comment

It sounds like there could be a few possible issues at play here. One possibility is that the new hub is not communicating as effectively with your Insteon devices as the old hub did. Another possibility is that the new version of the app may have introduced some bugs or compatibility issues with your devices.
            Make sure your new hub is placed in the same location as your old hub. Insteon devices use radio frequency signals to communicate, and the placement of the hub can affect the strength and quality of these signals. If the new hub is in a different location, this could be causing communication issues.
            Last edited by INSTEON John; 05-07-2023, 10:59 AM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

Working...
            X