Listing the same device repeatedly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Listing the same device repeatedly

When creating a scene I find it extremely cumbersome as it resists the same devices over and over.

I have a few devices that are in favorites and in a room, like living room.

This means that when I try to create a scene the device gets listed two times.

What I end up with is my 7 devices turn into 12 to 14 devices to scroll through. I can't imagine if I had more than 10 physical devices to start with. I would be scrolling for days to pick the members of a scene.
    Last edited by twherion1202; 06-10-2016, 05:29 PM.
    iPhone 6s iOS 9.3.2 - Insteon 1.13.1 Build 317
    LG G3 Android 5.1.1 - Insteon Stage App 1.8.9 Build 210
    LG G Pad Android 5.1.1 - Insteon Stage App 1.8.9 Build 210
    No Root, No Jailbreak, all device completely stock

Stage Hub2-V04 FW 5697

I agree this seems like a strange way to do this. I can't say for sure, but this seems like new behavior. I don't recall seeing every scene and its devices listed when adding a scene before.

Comment

Originally posted by twherion1202 View Post
      When creating a scene I find it extremely cumbersome as it resists the same devices over and over.
      From my experience, there are two potential duplication issues. The first is a(n arguably poor) UI decision to list devices by group/room, which means that any device might appear multiple times in the list of available devices.

The second is that sometimes [I haven't been able to determine a pattern to this one] when you view the devices included in a scene, it lists some devices multiple--sometimes many--times. I'm not talking about the screen where add or edit scene settings but just the list of scene settings that have been already set up. I'm particularly noticing this problem with keypads. Then when you go to edit, not only do you have each device showing up in multiple rooms, but you also end up with multiple copies of the same device(s) in the same room. I'm convinced this one is a bug.

Comment

• twherion1202
        twherion1202 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, keypads are a particular problem. Also the fact that if you have multiple parts of a keypad listed in the same scene you cannot edit. The app just lists one button many times instead of each button involved.
    Working...
    X