Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteo Hub iOS App and KeypadLink On/Off (Relay) with 6 buttons

Hello:

I have two KeypadLincs that I've added to my Insteon Hub.

In addition to the direct load control (On/Off) on the KeypadLinc there are four scene buttons on each KeypadLinc. I use one of the scenes to control a plug-in module.

Using the Hub's iOS app, I can control the On/Off relay on both switches. However, the scene buttons (available when I press the + on the app) don't seem to do anything. For example, scene B (which turns on and off the plug-in module) works fine when pressing it on the KeypadLincs. But pressing B on the app does nothing.

I CAN control the plug-in module directly from the app after adding it as its own device.

Is the app's scene control for KeypadLinc not fully implemented yet as of this time?

Thank you,
    LD

Do you have both the controller and the responder in the same scene?
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

When I use the app to control the keypadlinc, all the lit buttons on the keypadlinc do follow along. When I turn the relay on and off, the load goes on and off properly and the illumination on the on/off buttons on the keypadlinc behave properly.

For the scenes, when I touch a scene button on the app, the correct scene button on the keypadlinc lights up, following along properly. However, as stated originally, the scene programmed into the keypadlinc isn't activated.

I thought pushing the "B" button would activate the scene programmed into the keypadlinc's B button. Since the hub is obviously aware of "B" since the "B" button on the keypadlinc illuminates, I'm not sure why the hub doesn't just command the keypadlinc to initiate the scene programmed into the B button on the keypadlinc.

When I "add a device" to the hub and the device (keypadlinc) is added successfully, showing me a graphic of all the buttons, I would expect to have full remote control over that device as if I am standing in front of the device, I wouldn't think I have to deep dive into programming a duplicate of each button's scene into the hub. Can't the hub just virtually "push the scene button" on the keypadlinc as if I am standing there doing it myself?

I will explore adding a scene in the iOS app.

Comment

One important concept about keypad buttons or any switch for that matter is this. If a button is linked to control other devices and you remotely turn that button on, the things that button is linked to will not respond. Pushing the button sends a group command the other devices can respond to. Remotely turning on just the button does just that.....it turns on the button.

Another way to look at it. Two switches linked together as a 3-Way will control each other. If you send a command from your phone to turn on one of them only that switch turns on. To turn them both on you turn the scene on.

Comment

Originally posted by atlld View Post
          I will explore adding a scene in the iOS app.
          I'm curious if you were able to get this working. Arguably, it's not well documented anywhere, but creating scenes from the app (instead of manually pairing devices) is necessary to have all your controllers stay in sync with commands you send from the app. And it's actually easier to create a scene that defines controllers and responders from within the app than it is to manually pair your devices by running around and pressing respective set buttons!

Comment

Working...
          X