Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Hub, iOS, and 2420M motion sensor

Hello All:

I have a question about my 2420M motion sensor. The sensor is used to monitor a stairwell. When anyone enters the stairwell, motion is detected and the stairwell light lights up the stairs via a switchlinc wired in switch. It works fine. Because I don't want the light to be coming on in the daytime, which would be wasteful, I have night only mode set, and that works very well. During the day, I can see the LED flash when motion is detected, but the light stays off. Great!

I recently added an Insteon Hub. One function I want to use is the ios notification on my iPhone. I find that it works great. But here's the rub... I only get notifications at night when the light comes on.

I assumed that the night only mode meant that in the daytime that motion was still detected (the LED flashes after all) and I would get a notification, but it seems I am only notified when it is dark out. Is this how the 2420M works? I realize this sensor is a few years old and has been replaced by a new model number.

Is there any way to get a notification of motion at all times?

In case it is relevant, I am not using occupancy mode nor "on only" mode.

Thank you,
    LD

Thank you for clarifying.

Comment

Working...
    X