Push Not Working iPhone SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Push Not Working iPhone SE

Push notifications stopped working after I upgraded from an iPhone 5 to an iPhone SE. An hour on the phone with Apple customer service and another hour on the phone with Insteon support did not resolve the issue. I have 3 dozen devices operating with hub 2242-222. A hand full of those devices are door sensors for which I have push notifications and email notifications turned on. Prior to getting the iPhone SE both the push and email notification were received when these devices were activated; now only the email notification is received. No changes have been made whatsoever to any device or hub setting. I welcome comments and suggestions regarding how I can get push notifications working again.

A couple of questions: Do push notifications from other Apps work on the new iPhone SE? Have you checked the Settings-->Notifications-->Insteon to make sure all options are turned on?
    Insteon Hub II (2014) Model:2245-222
    20 Insteon Modules
    Outdoor HD Camera 2864-232
    HD Camera 2864-22X
    SD Camera 75790
    iPhone 7
    Apple Watch

Comment

Thanks for the reply and questions. Push notifications do work for the new iPhone SE for other applications and the push notification settings are turned on under Settings-->Notifications-->Insteon. During my time on the phone with Insteon support we deleted and reinstalled the Insteon for Hub app on the iPhone, reset the hub, and deleted/reinstalled one of the Insteon Hidden Door sensors for which push notifications are not now being received.

Comment

Since you are getting Email alerts it seems like the problem is on the iPhone SE side. I assume the iPhone is running IOS 9.3.1 ? I checked the Apple.com forums and found only a few issues with the SE: https://discussions.apple.com/thread...=se%20problems You could enter yours to the user community. I suspect that more issues with the SE will appear as the user base grows.
        Insteon Hub II (2014) Model:2245-222
        20 Insteon Modules
        Outdoor HD Camera 2864-232
        HD Camera 2864-22X
        SD Camera 75790
        iPhone 7
        Apple Watch

Comment

Thanks again. I will follow your advice. Yes, my iPhone is running IOS 9.3.1. In an attempt to learn something when I was on the phone with Apple Customer Service, they bumped me up to the second tier of service where more technical information is available, I was told that the routes differ greatly for email, messages, and push notifications; different servers and different protocols. So, what appears to me the user as a simple notification setting, actually results in quite different actions.

Comment

My push notifications stopped working at or shortly after upgrading to 9.3.1 on my 6S+. Reinstalling the app, and the devices in question did not resolve it. I doubt this is an iPhone SE issue. Push notifications are working fine in other apps. If I had to guess, it's something like the developer (Smartlabs) forgetting to renew their Apple push notifications certificate. If that't the case (and I suspect it is), if they simply renew the certificate it should start working, without needing to update the app.

Comment

My wife has a iPhone 6 running iOS 9.3.1 and push notifications are working fine for for her, she is using app ver 1.12.2

I have an iPhone 6 running iOS 9.3.1 and push notifications were working for me on app ver 1.12.2 but I installed the beta app v1.13 and they stopped working... I have since removed the beta app and the hockey profile required to run the beta app and removed and re-installed v1.12.2 but I still can not get push notifications working again
              Hub 2245-222, ID 46.F7.AE, Prod
              Insteon for Hub App v1.15.4 build 334
              53 Insteon devices

Comment

they released app ver 1.13.0 update yesterday and since installing it (the non-beta version) push notifications are once again working for me... if you haven't updated your app yet you may want to try this
                Hub 2245-222, ID 46.F7.AE, Prod
                Insteon for Hub App v1.15.4 build 334
                53 Insteon devices

Comment

Confirmed... After updating to 1.13.0, push notifications are once again working for me.

Comment

Working...
                  X