Insteon App stopped working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon App stopped working

I bought an Insteon Hub several months ago. I set it up at that time and used the Insteon App on my iPhone 6 successfully numerous times, including setting up a schedule for turning outside lights on/off, adding a leak sensor, range extender, etc., etc. Now when I try to sign in with my Insteon App I get the response "Unable to Sign In, The email address or password provided is incorrect". So, I select "Forgot" and enter my email address in order to recover my password. When I do that I get the message, "Account Doesn't Exist, An account with the email address provided does not exist." This is the only email address I've used with Insteon/Smarthome. What gives? Do I need to select "New Account" and start over again? Major PITB!

Support is the only solution.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I did not use an alias for my email address, nor did I use a period or plus sign. Keep in mind, after I set my account up, the Insteon app worked fine for a number of days, then it stopped working for no apparent reason. I couldn't login to my account and Insteon didn't even recognize my email address and responded that there was no account for my email address.

Note: I also posted a request to Insteon Customer Service about this problem on the same day I placed this post in this forum. Yesterday (11 days later!!) I got my first email response from Insteon!! No help there, they just asked for my Insteon Hub model # and ID # as well as my email address and what device (IOS, iPhone 6) I was using. 11 days to get a response of any kind from them! This has to be the worst customer service of any tech company out there. Terrible!

Comment

Working...
      X