Connect Lost Error - Bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connect Lost Error - Bug?

I'm getting a stupid error that I should not.

I'm trying to add an on/off module to my Hub Pro via the INsteon+ app.

I have another working on/off module in the same room. I can control it fine using the app so I know the hub is connected to the app.
    I try to add the module by going to add a device. Rather than wait forever for "Searching for Devices" I simply hit the "Add Insteon" button. I then enter the 6 digit code for the device. After about 1 second the new module beeps and then an error message saying "Connection Lost" pops up. Clearly the connection hasn't been lost as everything else continues to work. I think it's a bug.

The device I've tried to add does not show up if I force-kill the app. If I unplug the module and then try again, the same thing happens.

Well, I got fed up and reset the hub pro back to factory default and started over from scratch. I still have issues with adding a device about 50% of the time. It seems like you can't/shouldn't try to add two device in a short time period. I still think the software sucks, but it's almost working this time around because the device eventually shows up after I force-kill the app a few times. And after trying to edit it 2-3 times with multiple force-kills, eventually it works.

Comment

After struggling with the app and hub pro for a couple weeks I've given up on them. They just don't work.

I'd add a device, wait 10 minutes to give it time to communicate and then add it to a scene. Then it would tell me the device was not in my house - even though it's on the list and the app would turn it on or off. Even waiting an hour after adding a device didn't help. I've had many choice foul words for the app and and not a happy user.

Overnight devices would disappear or the name I had changed would revert. Or the name I assigned would be dropped in favor of the generic name.
      A schedule worked on one day but not the next. And on the next day it would say the room was not in the house. And on and on and on.

In doing internet searches I found Indigo software and bought it and an Insteon USB modem. The Indigo software actually works, it has sunrise and sunset and after 1 hour I'm up and running. I have every expectation that it will continue to run tomorrow (unlike the Insteon+ app). The iOS app works well and I love the ability to create a control page to do simple things quickly and easily. I'm really happy with the Insteon devices, the user manuals just need major attention and the app needs to be redone (maybe start over, what a POS). I'm extremely happy with Indigo paired with Insteon.

Maybe in 6-12 months the Hub Pro will actually work with the app and I'll try it again.

Comment

Working...
      X