Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is is supposed to take a few minutes to load devices in iOS Hub app?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is is supposed to take a few minutes to load devices in iOS Hub app?

I have ~30 devices installed, mostly switches, 3 I/O lincs (garage doors), a camera, a leak detector... maybe something else I can't remember.

I've added everything to an Insteon 2245-222 Hub and I've installed the iOS app. Something I notice is that it takes a full 30-60 seconds every time I pull the app up to load my devices. For example, there is the little spinning "waiting" icon shown in the top left corner. It does this every time, even if I have the app open, let the screen lock, and then just unlock back into it.

Is this as expected?

I can't say I have seen this myself but is this issue present using local WiFi vs Cellular? I would try both methods and see if you have the same issues.
    Teken . . .

Comment

DrGerm, the time would sound about right. We have just installed a similar amount of devices and get the same result. We are connected on WiFi and is a good connection speed. Remember the status of each device is not neccessarily displayed in real time. When you unlock the Pad, it rescans for the Status each device. I believe the issue is the way the new hub's send data. I haven't verified this myself, but from what I have read is that the connection to the hub is via the cloud. There is another server in between you and the hub. Every time you change the page, the App has to do the updates again for each device. You may find you also get 'Unknown Status' of some devices because of time out issues? We are trialing Intellihome and this definetly gives you a better response. How do you find reading a page full of Icons if your using a Pad?

Comment

Originally posted by DingDuck View Post
        from what I have read is that the connection to the hub is via the cloud.
        Originally posted by TFitzpatri8
        it will query each power line device on that page to be able to show its status.
        I see, that's what I was wondering. Thanks!

Originally posted by TFitzpatri8
        For more advanced use cases, the ISY operates differently. It reads and tracks all your device relationships and activity, so it can figure out what a device status should be without doing live queries every time you want to know.
        Ya, I use an ISY too. Was experimenting with the Hub because the app interface is prettier, hoping to get my wife to buy into it. That's not working out so well though ... LOL

Comment

Working...
        X