Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trouble getting iOS app to get past "Syncing with Server"...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble getting iOS app to get past "Syncing with Server"...

I'm hoping there is someone out there with at least somewhere to start so that I can start using my new toy! I installed two Insteon light switches, powered them up, all was good. I unboxed the Hub, plugged it in, turns on with solid light, all seems good.

I then downloaded the iOS app, did my account setup and this is where things started to go a bit sideways as the app seemed to crash during account setup, but the account ended up getting created. Had to do "forget my password" to get things straightened out, but after that bump, all seemed well again. Then I login with the app and it correctly finds my WiFi network, Authenticates, but then never ever gets past "Syncing with Server".

If I go to connect.insteon.com/getinfo.asp, it finds the Insteon Hub, gives me an IP for the hub (which I can successfully ping), but says "Configured Connect Account FALSE" which leads me to believe something may be amiss with the Hub configurations. If I click the link on the getinfo.asp page that is supposed to allow me to access the hub, it prompts me for a user/password. I've read elsewhere on this forum, that I can get the hub Username by accessing the settings pane in the iOS app, but I can't get past the damn login screen due to the "Syncing with Server" issue...

Anybody have any grand ideas to help me out? Much appreciate in advance!

Found the User/Pass to the hub (printed on the bottom of the actual Hub). I can use it to successfully login via the getinfo.asp page, but turns out that is useless for solving my problem. I have a hunch that something is wrong with my account on the server or something. If I try to log in via any iOS device (yep, I've tried more than a few), I get the same hang on "Syncing with Server", it never gets to the "Connect to Hub" step. If I try and login to the beta web interface, I get an ArgumentException (looks like a Java stack trace).

I've even tried creating ANOTHER account with a different email address, same results :-/ What the heck is going on here? Pretty disappointing unboxing experience.

Comment

Did you respond to the account verification message at the phone number you used to create the account?
      Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
      Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Working...
      X