need help scheduling lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help scheduling lights

I just installed a few wall switches ans plug-in modules to control lights in and out of the house, with a Hub.

I want all the lights to go on at sunset, and to go off at different times.

When I try to schedule a second device to go on at sunser, I get a "scheduling conflict" message suggesting creating a scene.

But, since I do not want alle the lights to go off at the same time, a scene does not donthe job!

How can I program the hub to get what I want ?

Did you attempt to create a 'sunset' scene with on at sunset but without an off time?

Comment

Only one device can have a particular On or Off time. If you want more than one device to turn on at a specific time, then create a single scene with all the devices as members and schedule the scene. You do not need to have an Off time for the scene.

In fact, scenes work better for everything. You may want to create a scene for each different Off time, even if the scene has only one member. Every device in my configuration is controlled by a scene. That way, I can set On-levels and ramp rates, too.
      Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
      Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

If I understand well, a SCENE has priority over a device Schedule ?

​All I have to do is créate a scene with the ON command at Sunset, and no OFF time, and I can specify the OFF time for each device in its own Schedule ?

Comment

If I understand well, a SCENE has priority over a device Schedule ?

​All I have to do is créate a scene with the ON command at Sunset, and no OFF time, and I can specify the OFF time for each device in its own Schedule ?

Comment

If I understand well, a SCENE has priority over a device Schedule.

Comment

Sorry for the multiples entry... keybord error

Comment

Schedule each scene for each device's Off time.

BTW, multiple posters have posted multiple posts
                Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
                Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I did the scènes trick, and all is going well.

​Thank you stusviews

Comment

I'm also having trouble with scenes. I have 4 devices and I've created several scenes. One scene turns ON devices at sunset. The next scene turns off 2 of the devices at time A while a 3rd scene turns off a single device at time B. The last scene turns OFF the remaining device at sunrise. I can control all of the devices individually and I can control each scene individually. For the scenes, the specified devices all respond as I defined them to. None of the scenes however trigger at the appointed time. I'm using a new Hub 2 (firmware 1002, PLM 9D) and app version Hub2-V03-20140617.

Any thoughts?

*** Update

It looks like my problems were being caused by an IP address conflict in my network. I've managed to move the Hub to a new *fixed* IP address which is out of my DHCP range and things appear to be working better. I'll know much more in 24 hours after my scheduled scenes fire (or not).
                    Last edited by umctg; 01-26-2015, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X