Scheduling Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scheduling Question

Is there an option to do something xx Minutes Before or After Sunrise or Sunset?

Also - I have fairly new 8 button Insteon - does the Hub detect the keypads and program them? One of my buttons is being REALLY bloody stubborn!!

There is no Sunrise/Sunset offset option.

The Hub does not automatically program anything because the Hub doesn't know what you want the buttons to do until you tell it. I have no idea what a "stubborn" button is/does.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Schedule offsets are one of the, if not the most requested feature since the Hub was first released. Still not there.

As for programming the keypad buttons, this post helped me http://forum.insteon.com/forum/beta-...or-key-feature

Comment

eagle77, tried hitting your link, got:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page.
        Please try logging in or logging in as different user Login or send a message to the admin

Comment

Sorry John, forgot that was in beta area. Here is the jist,

1. From the sidebar, tap Scenes, then back to the sidebar and tap Create a Scene.
          2. Add the responder (front door light) with the on level and ramp rate you want. The blue button should read, "Responder". Of course you can have as many responder devices as you like.
          3. Add the first KPL; note that each button adds individually, so in this case, select button "B".
          4. Tap the blue button on the left (I think the default reads 'Controller') until it displays, "Both. This is important if you want all the KPL "B" buttons to toggle in unison. Note that this can take a minutes or two, and you'll see the app reporting its progress. It looks to me like it's creating the same links that you'd create manually. When the app is done, it will ask if you want to turn the scene off.
          5. Repeat the last step with additional KPLs.

Now, if you tap button "B" on any KPL, the front door light should come on and the "B" button on all KPLs (included in the scene) should illuminate. Tapping any illuminated "B" button should turn the light and all "B" buttons off. If you trigger that scene from the app, all the "B" buttons should light (or turn off) and if you check status from the app after using any "B" button, it should correctly report the light's state.

Comment

Working...
          X