KeyPadLinc 8-button configuration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KeyPadLinc 8-button configuration

I am trying to add my KeyPadLinc dimmer to my new INSTEON hub and have run into a problem. The KeyPadLinc is configured to 8 button mode, but my iOS INSTEON app will not let me change the setting from 6 button to 8 button. Whenever I change the setting from 6 button to 8 button a window appears that says "Updating Settings. Please wait...", but then it simply goes back to 6 button mode. Any ideas what is going wrong?

Just spent an hour on the phone with INSTEON support. Here is the deal: INSTEON Hub IS NOT COMPATIBLE with most of my older style INSTEON KeyPadLinc devices. The solution is for me to replace all of my switches at my cost. I was fortunate enough to have purchased a 7-year warranty for some of these switches; however, even those will require me to ship them to Smarthome at my cost (international changes). When I explained that my devices were not faulty, but rather, Smarthome failed to tell me when I purchased the INSTEON Hub that it was not compatible with many INSTEON devices, the support person told me that there was nothing he could so. So, after 8 years of spending many thousands of dollars to fully integrate INSTEON throughout my house, I am moving on to a newer technology. So long INSTEON.

Comment

The ISY supports older devices.
      Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
      Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Working...
      X