Edit Public IP & Gateway IP Addresses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edit Public IP & Gateway IP Addresses?

I'd like to directly edit the public and gateway ip addresses (to allow for remote access through a static IP address), but this application automatically assigns them. Anyone know how to edit these?

For example, the Gateway IP address automatically assigned by the app is 10.1.10.1 which is the internal gateway. I want this to be the external gateway IP. Also the app assigned a public IP of my cable modem and I actually have an external static IP address that I need to use.

Thanks in advance for your help

The Hub can have only one IP address. Off-site access is accomplished using port forwarding. Settings, About INSTEON App, Remote Access Guide.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I am fighting with the same thing.

The Hub updates insteon.com with the public IP address every once in a while. The iphone app first calls insteon.com to get the configuration, then uses that to connect direct to the Hub.

I am in a situation where our DSL public IP is changing way too frequently and the Hub is not updating the insteon.com site frequently enough. We need to either have a way to have the Hub update more frequently or manually correct the iphone app public IP address..

Comment

Out of curiosity, I am wondering why it is necessary to use the external gate and apply a non-public IP address to the hub. I have the same situation with our cable company. My config involves assigning a public IP address (non DHCP) to the hub and use of a DNS service (dyndns) to manage the external IP address with port forwarding to the static IP address. It hasn't been an issue even with frequent DHCP assignments from the cable co.

Comment

Working...
        X