3 Houses - 1 APP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 Houses - 1 APP

I have 3 hubs installed in different buildings on my property. Each has a different account name and password. Now that the APP supports multiple houses, I tried to put all three into the APP, but it only takes one and tells me the other two cannot be added because they are on a different account. Do I really have to delete the other two accounts and then add the 2 hubs back in and reinstall all the devices? Or is there an easier way to do it?

As far as I am aware, multiple house support is not yet fully implemented.

Comment

Well it's on my IPad app. Under Settings, there is a new option of "House Management". When selected it shows me the house I am currently connected to and there is an option to "Add A House". When selected, it goes out and finds all 3 of my hubs and asks me to "Select one to proceed" If I select one of the ones I am not currently connect to it asks me for a username and password. I enter the Hub username and password and it then tells me it cannot connect because the account belongs to someone else.

Comment

Yes, that's exactly what I mean by not fully implemented. I understand that it's a bit misleading, since it acts like it should work.

Comment

I recently installed a hub at a second location without any difficulty. Both hubs are under the same account and both are managed remotely without without issue.

Comment

Multiple locations are fine here, too. I'm also using the same credentials.
            Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
            Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

The issue that I ran into is that one hub is in College Station at my house, while the other is in Floresville at my mothers, both of them behind secure gateways.So when I attempted to login at mom's to add the second house, the login kept getting rejected because it could not attach to the hub in CS, and it would not proceed until I attached to the first house's hub. I finally threw in the towel and created a separate account at moms using her email, but I think the "multiple houses" option is pretty much useless without an option to let the login proceed... it should be labeled multiple hubs in the house.
              Last edited by John Polasek; 10-08-2015, 11:16 AM.

Comment

The issue that I ran into is that one hub is in College Station at my house, while the other is in Floresville at my mothers, both of them behind secure gateways.
                The multiple houses feature isn't useless due to the features it was originally intended to fulfill but just underdeveloped. Creating separate accounts is a working way round.
                Last edited by SeanM; 03-31-2020, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X